The Medical Council of India, by the MCI Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, 1997, made it mandatory for all medical colleges to establish Medical Education Units (MEUs) or departments in order to enable faculty members to avail modern education technology for teaching. This ensures that all the faculty members avail of modern educational technology while teaching the students and to attain this objective, Medical education Units has been set up.
The main objectives of the department of Education are to :
- Be responsible for all educational activities at SSIM & RC;
- Provide insights to the educational activities of the medical college from time to time;
- Ensure continuous quality improvement in Medical education plan, implement and evaluate curricular development and faculty development in the medical college in alignment with the Medical Council of India guidelines;
- Ensure curriculum development through the curriculum committee;
- Ensure Faculty development by conducting Faculty development programs and workshops;
- Through the Faculty development committee;
- Sensitize and facilitate Information and Communication technology integration in the medical curriculum;
- Help develop specialized educational labs, like Skills lab, Simulation Centre, Communication labs etc;
- Ensure that the medical college stays updated with the current and emerging trends in Medical education by conducting journal clubs, workshops and conferences.